Friday, 29 May 2015

some pictures from the inuguration ceremoney of the president of Nigeria Buhari







the ceremony will go down in the history of Nigeria as the day the voice of the Nigerian people was heard. Nigeria i pray for peace and prosperity in this new Government.

Saturday, 16 May 2015

the Nigerian navy has started her recruitment

The Nigerian Navy has started recruiting graduate and post graduate Direct Short service commission course 23, for interested candidates please visit the website: http://www.joinnigeriannavy.com/

US - CHINA's South China Sea conflict, a source of great concern



China's foreign ministry Wednesday voiced 'serious concerns' over a US official's remarks regarding an alleged Pentagon plan to send US military aircraft and vessels to the South China Sea. Analysts cautioned that the possible US military move could disrupt regional stability and trigger dangerous confrontations in the region. Foreign ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying told a press briefing on Wednesday in Beijing that the US side should clarify those remarks.
China has always advocated freedom of navigation in the South China Sea, Hua said. 'But freedom of navigation does not give one country's military aircraft and ships free access to another country's territorial waters and airspace.'
US Defense Secretary Ashton Carter had apparently requested options that include sending aircraft and ships to within 12 nautical miles (22 kilometers) around Chinese islets near the Nansha Islands in the South China Sea, according to Reuters, sourcing an anonymous official. The official said that the plan is to 'assert freedom of navigation' in the area and would need White House approval. Carter's request was first reported earlier on Tuesday by the Wall Street Journal, which said one option was to fly US navy surveillance aircraft over the islands.
China will resolutely safeguard its territorial sovereignty, Hua said, urging the US side not to take any risks or make any provocations so as to maintain regional peace and stability.
The US government has yet to make any comments about the possible plan.
Jin Canrong, a deputy dean of the School of International Studies at the Renmin University of China, told the Global Times that the US government must know the consequences of any such plan, as it could be reckless and involve great risk.
'If the plan is implemented, China for sure will make counter-measures, such as driving US military aircraft and vessels away with force,' Jin said. 'The US must realize that a majority of ASEAN countries do not want the US to destroy regional stability.'
Zhuang Guotu, head of the Center of Southeast Asian Studies at Xiamen University, however, said that the possibility of White House approval cannot be completely ruled out.
If the White House approves the plan, it could directly jeopardize China's territorial sovereignty, Zhuang told the Global Times.
'The US may also want to show support to its Asian allies, such as the Philippines, which has disputes with China in the South China Sea,' Zhuang said.
The Philippine military invited foreign journalists to visit Zhongye Island, part of the Nansha Islands, by military plane on Monday.
Hua criticized the move on Tuesday, saying that the attempt shows the Philippines is the real rule-breaker and that its attempt to seize maritime features of China's Nansha Islands is futile.
China gave a clear explanation in April this year over its construction work on some of the islands, saying that the country's purpose is to strengthen the functions of those islands and reefs, and improve the working and living conditions of personnel stationed on them.
It will also help China better carry out international responsibilities in maritime search and rescue, disaster prevention and mitigation, marine science and research, navigation safety, and in many other areas.
Li Haidong, a professor at the China Foreign Affairs University, said that statements suggesting a US military presence in the South China Sea firmly demonstrate that 'the US wants to dominate the Asia-Pacific region.'
The US has targeted China's construction work in disputed South China Sea areas in the past. US President Barack Obama said ahead of the Summit of the Americas in Panama in April that he was 'concerned' that 'China pushes around smaller countries in the region.'
Li noted that the increased targeting of South China Sea issues reflects that Sino-US relations are becoming more tense as the US is concerned China has already become a threat to its global dominance.
'The US now tends to hold a tougher stance toward China and it is possible that it will adjust its diplomatic strategy in the future,' Li said. 'However, the US must realize that such a tough stance will only lead to failure.'
Meanwhile, US Secretary of State John Kerry is scheduled to visit China during the weekend. Observers believe that South China Sea issues could be on the agenda.

For further readin, visit this link:http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/war/south-china-sea.htm

The Future edge in electronic warfare "Counter-electronics High-powered Microwave Advanced Missile Project" CHAMP



One of the displays at the Pentagon Lab Day yesterday was the Air Forces’ Electro-Magnetic Pulse (EMP) weapon developed by Boeing under the Counter-electronics High-powered Microwave Advanced Missile Project (CHAMP). AFRL has tested the weapon in 2012, using an AGM-86 Conventional Air-Launched Cruise Missile used as a surrogate vehicles the Air Force has now selected the stealthy, long-range Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile (JASSM-ER) as the optimal air vehicle to carry the CHAMP weapon.
The research laboratory tested the counter-electronics device on the cruise missile at a military test range in Utah, where it successfully shut down a room full of computers. The effect similar to the electromagnetic pulse from a high-altitude nuclear explosion.
Major general Thomas Masiello says the technology, which fries electronic equipment with bursts of high-power microwave energy, is mature and will be miniaturised to suite the JASSM-ER.
“The capability is real … and the technology can be available today,” The Air Force Research Laboratory commander Maj. Gen. Tom Masiello said. “That’s an operational system already in our tactical air force,” Masiello says at the science and technology exposition held at the Pentagon yesterday.
watch the video through the link
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zsQWWQFQWkA

the new combat viehcle called CAMEL


The US Army presented today a new concept vehicle designed to explore how to design current and future combat vehicles to better protect the warfighters riding in those vehicles to combat. The Concept for Advanced Military Explosion-Mitigation Land (CAMEL) vehicle designed by the Tank Automotive Research, Development & Engineering Center (TARDEC), demonstrates the ‘Occupant Centric Platform’ (OCP) concepts developed at the center. A 30-ton 8×8-class troop carrier, CAMEL is designed to safely and securely transport nine troops and two crew-members safely and securely. The goal is to reduce combat vehicle casualties well below 50 percent, compared to current combat vehicles.

This CAMEL demonstrator is ergonomically designed around the Soldiers and their gear, incorporating cutting edge technologies to increase comfort and efficiency while improving soldier safety, by diverting blast energy away from its occupants. TARDEC recently evaluated the vehicle with fully equipped active-duty troops, to gather feedback from soldiers who would use such vehicles in the future. The demonstrator is undergoing tests, including live fire, that are designed to evaluate its safety, comfort and blast resistance.
“This is a new concept in that we are designing the vehicle around the soldier,” said Steve Knott, the Associate Director of Ground Systems Survivability at TARDEC. “There are a lot of vehicles that, when you get in the back, it is tight. There are protrusions that could cause injury and loose gear that can be harmful in certain situations. These OCP demonstrators are designed around the occupant and offer a new level of survivability for our warfighters”.

The OCP Technology Enabled Capability Demonstrator (TECD) program aims to reduce casualties on legacy platforms by as much as 50 percent, using OCP concepts. The ultimate goal is to eliminate crew injuries for any occupant position. Blast protection is the basic consideration for the design of the hull, seating and ergonomics. Two primary factors contribute to the dissipation of blast effect caused by an underbelly explosion – the distance (height) from the source and the shape of the hull. An OCP-designed vehicle uses a U-shaped hull, with a deflector shield that channels shock waves away from the vehicle’s hull and interiors. OCP-designed vehicles are equipped with individual seating, fitted with harness straps and foot rests – their role is to isolate the passenger from the blast affecting the hull, while maintaining comfortable and ergonomic design. Seat angles are designed and shaped to prevent spinal injuries, and the ceiling contains impact-absorbing materials to reduce the chance of head injury. The hull is designed with protective trim on the top and sides, also reducing the danger of injury. 360-degree views with cameras capturing the surroundings outside the vehicle and beaming the video onto internal screens provide situational awareness inside, without exposing the crew to hostile fire. The fighting compartment can be reconfigured to provide space for stretchers, carrying injured squad members. The litters are designed specifically for the vehicle and hang from straps attached to hooks on ceiling-mounted anchor tracks to isolate the wounded from the floor.
 (preventing further injury from blast).